Taken from the rural mountains of Nepal, the soothing and stimulating properties of DoTERRA Wintergreen Essential Oil provide a fresh, uplifting aroma.
DoTERRA Wintergreen essential oil is derived from the leaves of a creeping shrub found in coniferous areas. The main chemical component in DoTERRA Wintergreen Essential Oil, methyl salicylate, is used in topical creams and massage blends because of its soothing properties. In fact, Wintergreen and Birch are the only plants in the world that contain methyl salicylate naturally. As a flavoring, small amounts of Wintergreen are used in candies, toothpaste, and chewing gum. When diffused, DoTERRA Wintergreen Essential Oil has a refreshing aroma that’s uplifting and stimulating.
Through doTERRA’s Co-Impact Sourcing® initiative, our new source of Wintergreen comes from Nepal where it is wild harvested by rural villagers then distilled by community-owned distillation facilities. This process creates increased economic opportunity for very remote regions in rural Nepal.
- DoTERRA Wintergreen Essential Oil has a warming effect when applied to skin and is excellent to use as a soothing massage. A little goes a long way, so use sparingly and dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- For a soothing bath, add 1–2 drops of DoTERRA Wintergreen essential oil to warm bath water.
- Great for a warming soothing massage after exercise
- Has a refreshing aroma that’s uplifting and stimulating
- Frequently used in gum, candy, and toothpaste for flavoring
Sweet, minty, refreshing
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
NOT FOR INTERNAL USE. Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.