- This event has passed.
Aromatherapy Certification Level 1 – Live Class
February 9, 2019 - February 10, 2019$795.00
This is an intensive 4-day Aromatherapy Certification Course for those who are interested in learning the foundational principles of aromatherapy and are seeking to become qualified in the therapeutic uses of essential oils. Students will learn to confidently work with over 2o+ essential oils.
If you are currently working in the health care industry or are seeking to enhance your career in alternative or complimentary health care, this is the course for you! Many of our graduates have gone on to create essential oil retail businesses, online stores, organic and holistic body and skincare product lines and consultation services. Students will learn how to use essential oils with a hands-on interactive curriculum in a beautiful, luxurious setting. As an entry level course, no previous aromatherapy training is required. This course is open to all who want to learn more about aromatherapy.
This course has been personally tailored and written by bestselling author and Clinical Aromatherapist, Rebecca Park Totilo. Her teaching style will keep you involved with lively discussions, hands-on blending and engaging lectures.
Anyone may register for this class. No previous Aromatherapy training is required. There are no prerequisites for taking this course.
What Is Covered In This Course
A variety of topics will be covered concerning the many aspects of aromatherapy including: essential oil usage, the chemistry and science of aromatherapy and business practices. Other topics covered:
|Essential Oil Profiles||History of Essential Oils|
|Basic Physiology (the limbic system, lymphatic system)||Methods of Extraction|
|Interaction on Physical & Emotional Levels||Methods of Application|
|Carrier Oils||Production and Quality of Oils|
|Blending Techniques||Safety and Contraindications|
|Methods of Absorption||Consultation/Communication Skills|
|Essential Oil Chemistry and Botany||Business Skills|
Essential Oils for This Course
- Basil (Ocimum basilicum L)
- Bergamot (Citrus bergamia)
- Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica)
- Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea)
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus)
- Frankincense (Boswellia carterii)
- Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens)
- Helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Lemon (Citrus limon)
- Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus)
- Myrtle (Myrtus communis)
- Peppermint (Mentha x piperita)
- Roman Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis)
- Rose (Rosa damascena)
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
- Sandalwood (Santalum album)
- Spikenard (Nardostachys jatamansi)
- Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis)
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)
- Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata)
Graduates will be certified as aromatherapists and receive a certificate of completion. This course is approved for 30 CEU hours through NCBTMB and is accredited by NAHA.
Students will create and take home over $200 worth of products, including:
Essential Oil Inhalers
Salve and Balms
Shower Gel / Shampoo
Bath sachets / Potpourri
Additionally, students receive:
- The use of over 20 different therapeutic grade, organic and wild-crafted essential oils while in class.
- A custom 375-page essential oil manual.
- List of resources for quality products and supplies.
- Information about various aromatherapy organizations and journals.
- Access to online courses for further study.
- Discounts on additional materials and kits at Heal With Essential Oil.
Upon completion of this course, students may want to continue their studies with our online program Level 1 & 2 coursework for certification as a “Certified Aromatherapist” and be qualified to sit for the Aromatherapy Registration Council exam (ARC).
Many of our students go on to:
Develop a new career in aromatherapy.
Enhance an existing health care practice through the use of essential oils.
Use essential oils for personal growth, self-care, and holistic and alternative medicine.
Full payment is due when you register.
Required Materials For This Course
All in-class blending supplies and bottles are included in the tuition. You will need to purchase and bring your essential oils.